Destination Packwood Association (DPA) is hiring an Administrative Assistant.
The Destination Packwood Association is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization.
Resumes outlining your experience and qualifications will be accepted through
Friday, April 5th, 2019 at 5:00pm.
——- This position is now closed ——-
A Board representative will contact applicants the following week to set up interviews.
Send ALL inquiries and resumes to DPAemployment@gmail.com.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Responsible for overseeing the Destination Packwood (DPA) Visitor Center operations on
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and additional days as needed.
Reports to Jamie Deering, Director.
- Assist Director with events and projects as assigned.
- Use Excel and accounting software to complete projects assigned by Director.
- Create and place marketing pieces including posters, flyers, cards, etc. as directed.
- Maintain/update DPA social media sites – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and others as assigned.
- Maintain/update DPA town calendar online.
- Maintain/manage DPA storage building.
- Maintain/update DPA website in WordPress.
- Represent DPA by attending meetings/events as assigned by Director.
DPA Visitor Center
- Welcome and assist visitors at the Visitor Center as needed.
- Keep current on area businesses products and services; know any specials going on.
- Promote products and services of area and regional businesses.
- Sell event tickets and merchandise using appropriate software.
- Together with the Visitor Aide, ensure the brochure and trail racks are stocked and organized at all times.
- Together with the Visitor Aide, ensure the Visitor Center is clean daily (vacuum, dust, clean glass table, change filter, clean bathroom and other cleaning duties as assigned.)
- Provide impeccable hospitality to all Packwood visitors. Excel in friendliness and area knowledge.
- Take an active role in promoting products and services to extend visitors’ stay in Packwood.
- Print hiking, camping and other pertinent information sheets to keep available for visitors.
- With the Visitor Aide, track number of visitors, phone calls, donations and items sold each shift.
- Answer DPA phone, take messages and complete tasks from phone calls. Make note of action taken on all messages – phone, email, text, Facebook, Instagram and other sources.
- This position pays hourly.
Winter: up to 19.5 hours per week
Summer: up to 21 hours per week
Weekly hours and days may vary to cover shifts. Shifts can be exchanged with another team member when requested in advance and approved by the Director.
- This position involves weekend shifts.